Oilseeds are thoroughly prepared to convert into a suitable shape for effective extraction and pressing to get maximum yield with good quality and minimum utility consumption. Preparation of oilseeds includes various processes:
- Seed cleaning to remove foreign particles and trap metals
- Dehulling to remove hulls and increase the protein content of the meal
- Cracking to break seeds, cooking to adjust the moisture content
- Flaking to rupture the cell and loosen oil from the cells
- Expanding to increase the surface area of oil-bearing material leads to enhanced extraction.
Depending on the oil-bearing material, different extraction methods are then proposed, like solvent extraction, mechanical extraction or speciality extraction.
Kumar's Oilseeds processes
The Kumar Guarantee
Our innovative engineering solutions and superior manufacturing standards help you optimise operating costs and improve efficiency. We dedicate ourselves to every project we take on to ensure a successful outcome for your company. We've delivered over 700 projects to over 500 customers in more than 65 countries. Let us help you deliver your next one successfully.